BSB is a not for profit, inclusive independent international school comprising 1,350 students from approximately
70 countries. Located in the parkland of Tervuren, we enjoy world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus,
yet near all the amenities of the university city of Leuven and the capital city of Brussels. But what makes our school an exceptional place to learn and grow, and what really sets us apart, are the relationships we build, the culture of kinship we foster and the pursuit of quality in everything that we do.
We are committed to providing a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students in a harmonious atmosphere. With everyone learning and working together to inspire success, we have created a thriving community with the notion of ‘one school’ at its heart. By balancing academic endeavour with pastoral care, and classroom-based learning with enrichment opportunities, we provide our students with the best opportunities possible to broaden their aspirations and horizons.
Our curriculum is British based and uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and diverse student body.
There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC.
Our Enrichment programme is exceptional, offering over 100 activities per week.
As one of the top performing schools in the world, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across
the globe. We believe that our exceptional student outcomes and top world rankings are really a happy by-product of our unique culture built on care, curiosity, and collaboration.
"BSB seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced gym specialist to lead our
highly successful gymnastics programme"
In a school of 1400, we have almost 140 students signed up for Enrichment Gymnastics. BSB made a commitment 6 years ago with the opening of the Jacques Rogge Sport Centre and Gymnastic Hall that all students would have access to a strong FUNdamental skills pathway. Our Gymnastic programme plays a big role in this, from reception to year 13,
there is access for all.
As a school, our global reputation continues to grow. As a faculty, we have established ourselves as a beacon for sport throughout European International Schools with our highly successful and competitive Enrichment programme and ever-evolving core PE programme.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, energetic person with the ability to line manage a number of coaches and communicate with parents in a professional and supportive manner.
"Responsible for ..."
- All gymnastic administrative duties, including but not limited to, parent liaison, financial management, health and safety, risk management and facility management
- Working with the Gymnastics Coaches and Physical Education staff to secure the highest level of performance for each individual student on the programme
- Line manage 4 PT assistant coaches
- Developing student-athletes capable of representing the school successfully at ISGA, SGIS and local regional events
- To develop a positive cross school culture toward gymnastics whilst raising participation levels and expanding the size of the programme
- To ensure pathways exist for recreational, development and squad gymnasts
- Map tournaments for the year and lead on hosting responsibilities.
"Further responsibilities ..."
- To take 6 hours of curriculum PE teaching
- To be able to lead an academic PE class if required – GCSE or BTEC
- British Gymnastics Coaching Qualifications or equivalent
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching/Education
"The Person ..."
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students
"In return, we offer ..."
- A 1 year, full-time, term-time only contract (with potential of becoming permanent)
- On the job training
- An interesting position in an international environment
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Excellent professional learning opportunities
- An attractive salary - BSB Operational scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of
€ 52.135 and maximum € 81.483 gross per year (depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities.
"Application process ..."
The deadline for applications is Monday 15 May 2023 at 16:00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website (at the bottom of the page) will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Interviews will be held at the school before the end of May.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of May,
please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.